Friday, May 19, 2006

Virus

I'm watching The Money Programme. It's about the online music revolution and I've just made a shocking discovery. Favourite place of all teenagers and home of viral marketing, Myspace, is owned by arch-slug and waste of oxygen, Rupert Murdoch. Cost him $350 million mind. Is there anything he hasn't got his podgy fingers dipped into? I wonder if he's liable for all the pirate music the place is playing.

The other thing that is bothering me about this article is that they are featuring Mick Hucknall's manager saying that the Ginger Minger's share of sales from his conventional label releases was £20 million but that it should have been better. Look, Mick. If you're upset at only getting £20m then just let me look after it for you. I'll obviously find owning it a damn site more rewarding than you do.

6 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger Frontier Editor said...

You may have browsed rathergood.com, but if not there's a couple of fun little pieces of web doggerel involving Red

(warning, not particulary suitable for children of the easily offended, of which I'm neither)

http://www.rathergood.com/bunny_too_tight/

http://www.rathergood.com/holding/

12:02 am  
Blogger Frontier Editor said...

or, not of

12:02 am  
Blogger Richard said...

Joel Veitch for Queen. I've probably seen it but I'll go have a look.

12:05 am  
Blogger Richard said...

Oh yes. And this one:

http://www.rathergood.com/mickey/

12:23 am  
Blogger Mark Gamon said...

To be fair to Mick, he might not give a toss how many millions he's got. Most musicians (I use the word advisedly in his case) are usually quite happy so long as someone's paying the bills and leaving them to get on with 'cutting tracks'.

No. It's his manager who's whinging. He's probably only on ten percent. Which is still more money than you or I are ever likely to lay our hands on.

3:32 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

I probably would agree with you. It was his manager who was whingeing after all.

4:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home