Thursday, August 10, 2006

Today

It's getting worse. I had a haircut this morning and I now look like Gareth from The Office with a beard. I don't have time to go and have it repaired so I'm going to have to try DIY with the trimmers.

With luck the car will be fixed this afternoon as it appears there is a recall on the windows that hasn't been issued yet. Slight panic as we'd forgotten to take it in for the last recall a month or so ago, which was for rear seatbelts and that's a "red" recall. Once they sniff one of those they don't let the car go until the work's done so they did those yesterday.

Thankyou for all your confidence in a change of luck. I did win a fiver on the Thunderball last weekend and I had a call yesterday from a nice lady who wants me to write a book for her. They are also discussing on the wireless whether Margaret Thatcher should have a state funeral. My heart leapt for a moment but sadly it's a false alarm. One lives in hope. Oh, and the new Maestro card turned up after only three days. Nice one, First Direct (I know they're part of HSBC but they are the decent bit).

It could be much worse. I could be Geoff having his pyjama arrangements discussed in public.

10 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger The Aunt said...

At least he is wearing pyjamas.

3:23 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

I was sitting in traffic earlier on the way to get the car window fixed and the other nearside one slowly slid down the frame. How strange.

Got another book offer as well this afternoon and it's a cracker so maybe things are on the turn. If only they'd all pay up front, I'd be laughing.

6:41 pm  
Blogger Geoff said...

"At least he is wearing pyjamas" - I think I'll have that on my tombstone.

As our internet connection at work is crap at the moment, I'll wish you and Sharon a very enjoyable break in Weymouth. And if you meet a bloke who calls himself "Portland Bill" in a pub, avoid like the plague. He is our psychopathic ex-newsagent who left here a couple of years ago and may possibly be in the Weymouth area as he is proud of his roots.

6:53 pm  
Blogger krusty the baker said...

I once saw Dora Bryan in summer season in Weymouth. My uncle fell asleep, and she asked us to wake him up, gently. Wendy Richard was indisposed.

Have a good time down there, hope the bad shit goes away and the good times roll again. Books sounds promising.

7:00 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

Welcome back, feeling better?

I'll keep a wary eye open although I think I would be asking for trouble if I asked anybody if they actually were nicknamed Portland Bill.

I'm so happy we're not flying anywhere

7:02 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

Welcome back Krusty, also.

I saw Dora Bryan on a number 11 bus. Actually I heard her first as she was joking about all her bags she had with her. As I trned round I think I said something like "There's only one person that voice could belong to" which hinted at a knowledge of post-war variety and TV sitcomedy that someone of my tender years at that time ought not to have possessed.

7:06 pm  
Blogger Geoff said...

Much better thank you, Richard.

I once saw Tommy Cooper in Summer Season. There was an attractive female singer on the bill and she smiled at me. Me! Me being about 9 years old.

Wish I could remember her name.

7:13 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

I bet it was Clodagh Rodgers.

7:31 pm  
Blogger Geoff said...

No, I'd remember her. She's got my mum's name.

7:44 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

Hilda Ogden had my Mum on her wall.

7:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home