Saturday, December 30, 2006

Aged

Happy Birthday to me,
Happy Birthday to me,
Happy Birthday dear mee-eee,
Happy Birthday to me.


So, what have I got. *Rummages through pile* Ah! An execution. How thoughtful. Wrong person though, which means there's still time to sort out him and her.

Some spending money for Morocco

Some underwear. Thanks Mum. Well, I'm 46 these things are important.

A new chin

That's buggered the Brian Blessed-o-Gram business I had planned. I'd been practising, too. Look. "Gordon's alaahyive...?" It's wiped years off me, I now look 44, which was how old I was when I let it grow. I've been reliably informed that this new design is quite likely to cause female undergarments to ping off uncontrollably. I'll test it later when I walk down North Street. Actually, I now look more like this man, a fact that has been noted several times over the years. I don't know if that's a good thing or not.


A knighthood for this man. Means I now have to go back and re-re-edit Tony's book because Tony was once the double bassist in his quintet, albeit a very early incarnation thereof. Sir George's favourite wartime breakfast was porridge and pickles. I could go for that.

I haven't as yet received anything traditionally smutty from my best friend. Although I'm hoping.

I'm off to tone this wreck of a body with some hard physical work in the garden. Got to keep fit and firm.

(I've had this banging around in my head for two days now. Can I make it go away now and have this instead?)




17 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger Rog said...

A Brian Blessed-o-Gram business sounded such an excellent plan too!

5:26 pm  
Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

Happy Day to you and your new chin!

8:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday and just to remind you that 50 is now closer than 40!

11:06 pm  
Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

No, no, no, Richard, old cheesecake. You misheard the forename.
It was this person that you look like.

12:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stupendous

12:34 am  
Blogger Phil said...

Happy Birthday Mate...bet you grow it back - shaving is such a bore....

8:47 am  
Blogger Geoff said...

Belated thoughts.

Not by the hair of your chinny chin chin.

3:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lived with you for 5 years and never noticed anything smutty arrive on your birthday so you've lost me there. I can at least say that nothing has arrived here although it could still do.

Belated Happy Birthday, Richard. Smile :-)

8:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sound of head banging against desk*

10:53 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

*Waves belatedly* Many happy returns.

9:05 am  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

Happy 2007 ( and belated birthday), Richard. Your recently rediscovered chin looks far more strokeable than Kiefer Sutherland's, or Joan Sutherland's come to that.

I would comment further but have the sudden need to dash across the room to retrieve my undergarments which have inexplicably, and rather violently, pinged. x

2:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't bang your head too hard. Remember we have a date in Morocco soon and if you're suffering concussion you won't be able to go.

Cherry. If what he's told me is true, that chin isn't that strokable. He didn't have a razor so it's just "very closely snipped".

11:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, clipped. With clippers on "Charlie Stubbs out of Corrie" setting.

11:26 pm  
Blogger The Mistress said...

Belated birthday greetings, Richard.

11:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!
Greets from belgium

8:04 pm  
Blogger Sharon J said...

Clipped? Thank God! I was getting rather worried about what I might be travelling with!

[Goes away having fantasies about Charlie Stubbs...]

10:38 pm  
Blogger happyhippychick said...

Belated birthday greetings - guess you are another old goat to add to my collection!

11:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home