Monday, December 18, 2006

Burnt

I fell asleep listening to the first few overs. As if by some grand design, at 5.12 I awoke suddenly to hear "Panesar swings! Out!"

Bollocks. Yesterday couldn't have ended any other way, it wasn't exactly the happiest day of my life as it was.

My only scant consolation is that Murdoch will probably have to sell Myspace to pay for it. That wasn't the result you were after, was it Rupe. You honestly didn't think England could make a series of it did you?

I'm going over to Betty's where I'm sure the mince pies and mulled wine will be out in a place filled with festive cheer.

2 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger the ink slinger said...

Want to open a book on the chances of us plucky Poms winning one of the dead rubbers?

Probably not a good idea as Pidge has put his house on a 5-0 whitewash to close out his test career.

Still, our man in Perth tells me they've got nobody coming through....

Nobody.

Really.

6:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's back! I'll take the !! off me blogroll now.

7:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home