Thursday, February 01, 2007

Berberry


Marrakech was fine, thanks for asking. Very nice indeed. Apart from S getting the camera out of her case on Wednesday and it not working. Aren't mobile phones brilliant? Just about. Mine would have been better if the sun had deigned to come out occasionally but nevertheless, we were there and we can at least prove it. I am though happy to have visited one of the world's most intriguing and alluring cities. I won't bore everyone rigid with a travelogue and reams of pictures, but I can't let it pass without a few occasionals. Like this one, taken in the Kasbah. Yes, the Berber gentleman in the picture is wielding a Burberry gamp. They like a joke, just like the next man.

8 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

So, how was Marrakech?

Of course, that is a particularly irritating question. Marrakech is (arguably) an inorganic entity, and therefore incapable of having feelings, so to inquire about its wellbeing is inappropriate, unlike asking about how was your great aunt Imelda, for example, if one presupposes that said lady is alive and you have the facts available to answer the query.
So what do we mean when we ask "how was Marrakech?". I am not sure, so don't bother answering.
Oh. You already did.

10:00 am  
Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

I had to look up Berber, Burberry and gamp...as you can tell I ain't much of a world traveler, or buyer of fine things.

Thanks for the education!

11:15 am  
Blogger Phil said...

nice to see they've got chavs there too!

7:22 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

Welcome home.

8:09 am  
Blogger Dave said...

Did you get back in time to watch England thrash Australia?

8:09 am  
Blogger The Aunt said...

Glad you were able to go. I bet it was warmer than where I was.

If you're going to do the open-top hop-on-hop-off guided tour of New York, I can't really recommend January.

9:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, yes but it made no difference because I was working and it was on Murdovision but I did listen aghast to the news bulletin. I saw the last 5 minutes of the highlights thus missed all the action. I'm wondering whether Vicus felt remotely partisan over the rugby result? I did my missing the action bit again - When I left the pub at 4.20 it was 3-0. We got home during half time to see it was 17-10. I could have gone, too. I could have had a free ticket but I couldn't afford to get there!!

Marianne, thank you for the advice - are you saying it was even colder than Belgium? They had the same kind of bus in Marrakech but we didn't try it. Next time

9:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely taking the bus next time, babe. And there definitely will be a next time! What a great place!

11:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home