Monday, February 19, 2007

Change

Thought I'd do one of these.

Google Denmark, the search terms campari+churchyard (any ideas why?) and hit Søg
What does one get?

Item one: On Spatial Reference Frames in Qualitative Motion Representation; item two is the same in html. Third page links to the Norfolk Museums and Archaeology Service and then there's something about historic motor racing. What on earth made him come here?

Elsewhere: ITN. This once mighty newsgathering organisation are repeatedly plumbing the depths of crass, pointless and insensitive reporting and tonight's 6.30 bulletin must have been one of the worst ever. They are making much of some footage of the penultimate few moments of JFK's life in Deeley Plaza. Note penultimate. It's not the "moment of history" they're billing it as, that happened a few seconds after the cameraman stopped filming, perhaps explaining why it's been kept in a drawer for 43 years. The man who could have put an end to Oliver Stone's career in one fell swoop, embarrassed because he'd saved a few frames for later. Earlier in the same bulletin, top presenter Mary Nightingale, in a piece on teenage gun culture, interviews one of the survivors of the Birmingham salon shooting, the sister of one of the 3 victims. "How did your family take it?" must rank as one of the most inane and heartless questions I've ever heard in a news item. Again, the same bulletin features an item on the arrest of the alleged letter bomber. Note "alleged". He's not stood trial and been convicted. Yet. The police knew this and referred to him anonymously. Twat ITN reporter referred to "sources locally" naming him as...That's it then. Why bother with a justice system when we've got Independent Television?

This will be my last post using old Blogger. They've caught up with me at last and I'll be kneecapped if I try and log in under the old system. Wish me luck.




11 Vegetable peelings:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck changing over to the new system.I have already changed and it seems to have made things more complicated but that might just be me!

11:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy, Happy New Year!

12:16 am  
Blogger Rol said...

Thought I'd say hello before you disappear into the Beta, Richard. Good luck!

9:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it like that kaleidoscope swirly thing on Primeval?

10:07 am  
Blogger happyhippychick said...

When you go to beta will I be able to find you via the same link that brings me here? (or is that one of my dopey blond questions that will result in y'all laughing and pointing at me???)

3:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really haven't a clue, Rae but I suspect the fingers are pointing already.

7:13 pm  
Blogger Phil said...

Remember I had a whinge about it a while ago - it's tiresome but it does work - much the same as the old one. Think of it as an adventure into the nearly but not quite unknown......

7:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! Beta blogger doesn't like me!!

Y'know, they'd be in big trouble in other countries (at least one I know of, anyway) if they used the name of an alleged criminal. Why do they get away with it here?

11:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not Beta Blogger any more. Or so they insist. They insist it's no different to what we've got now. Which of course begs the obvious question...

12:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If that's the case, why is it only those who use Blogger who get a link from the comments? Is that some kind of elitism or what?

Grrr @ Blogger!

12:57 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

Annoying innit.

3:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home