Friday, June 29, 2007

Wrong

Watching "The Inspector Lynley Mysteries" on the BBC. This should have gone straight to BSB, I know Vicus loves this one.

I do so wish directors would not take stupid liberties with locations, especially ones I know intimately. In this case it's Dungeness. So far, half an hour in, they've driven along roads in the wrong order, featured landscapes that couldn't possibly exist locally in an area the majority of which is 12' below sea level and managed to feature a chase across the largest expanse of shingle on earth that ended with the protagonists rolling down a sand dune. That chase would have had to have been for about 5 miles for that to happen and I can't even run 50 yards on shingle. And now they've given the old lighthouse a name, Eleuthera.

I know it's fiction but they've already referred to it as somewhere near Lydd on the Kent coast so fictional location it ain't. I'm too touchy for my own good.

7 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

They're being kind. They do this to distract you from the crap acting, abysmal scripts, and lack of unnecessary sex.

9:28 pm  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

It's Friday night, Richard. Drink more liquor!

10:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darling, it's really just a story. Chill, eh? It'll do you good :)

1:15 pm  
Blogger Rog said...

If you want more realism Richard, try Midsummer Murders. Thats the village with the international airport, major regatta, pop festival and highest homicide rate outside Rio.

4:29 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

Sharon ought to know by now that allowing me to shout at the telly means I don't throw things at the dogs.

Murph, apologies for that last comment, I'm sure I could make an exception. Anyhow, anyone here will tell you that I am a total sucker for anything Sunday nightish and I have to inform you that Midsomer is a district, not a village, so quite capable of providing 13 murder victims a week. Tsk.

8:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you think that's bad, you should try watching "The Prisoner" once you have become familiar with the layout of Portmeirion.

9:43 am  
Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

I am glad the dogs were saved from projectiles another day. I too dislike it when areas I know well are depicted wrong on television and movies. I remember getting that feeling the very first time as a young kid about the shows "Beverly Hillbillies" and "The Andy Griffith Show". Both programs featured some outdoor scenes that were suppose to be in the Appalachian area and the hills and trees were obviously Southern California. I remember thinking of how folks not only get the wrong impression of my homeland's people they don't even get to enjoy the beauty that is this place.

2:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home