Thursday, July 26, 2007

Grr.

I was listening to the wireless earlier and heard about this. It has made me very angry indeed. I would hope that these affronts to all that is decent will eventually be corralled and made a public spectacle of. If ITV12 or BShiteB wants the subject matter for a new reality programme, I can't think of anything more satisfying for the general public than the visible slow humiliation of these creatures. The fact that this murder - for that is what it is - happened in the same week that the new Prime Minister stated that the honours system was going to be revamped in favour of those who care selflessly and whose altruism isn't of the calculated kind, is all the more galling. Why do I have to share my planet with these things? I expect they had nothing to do.

8 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh wow.....that makes me feel physically ill. There is an incredible glut of awful people on this planet right now....

I know what you mean by not wanting to breath the same air as they do. I try to be grateful for the good people.

11:17 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

I felt the same when I read about it in the Times yesterday.

This may sound as though I'm being sarcastic (I'm not) but coming from a generation that knows what a wireless is, I do wonder if a bit of National Service is what some youngsters need.

6:17 am  
Blogger Richard said...

I'm not sure the services would want them, Dave. They need kids who are willing to conform and act together for the safety of the unit. I thought Gordon Brown's comments about allowing schools to encourage use of play apparatus during breaktimes was a very small step in the right direction. It was a signal that maybe this nonsense about preventing the little buggers from getting hurt while playing would eventually stop. Maybe it's also a signal that proper discipline will follow. I don't mean the corporal punishment kind but the kind of discipline that teaches healthy respect and responsibility.

9:32 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Schools already try, there are plenty of community initiatives available for those who want to participate and some parents try hard to encourage decency. It seems to me that not enough emphasis is placed upon the parents who seemingly don't give a shit what their kids do... Jules

4:49 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

What we're seeing now are the results of the mess we made of education throughout the 80s and 90s. Ooh, that woman...

5:00 pm  
Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

You have to wonder what these youths were thinking. I find myself always trying to find reason, but I find most things are unreasonable.

12:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I don't mean the corporal punishment kind but the kind of discipline that teaches healthy respect and responsibility."

What kind of discipline do you think they need in order to have "healthy respect"? I think all to often we sit and whinge about everything that's wrong with our society, and no doubt that's not such as bad thing now and then, but without any real debate as to how it could be solved it's a pointless exercise.

1:32 am  
Blogger Richard said...

I think it's what our parents would have called "manners"

6:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home