Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Update.

Long-term readers of this journal will remember I am in something of a protracted dispute with a company known as Equita. They are a "collections agency", what we commonly call bailliffs. For my part, I prefer to call them lying and bullying bastards and with some good reason.

A while back they demanded I send them proof of the £15 cheque I'd claimed I'd sent them. I wrote back telling them that their continued inefficiency wasn't doing them any favours - it was a £5 cheque, as I'd already told them (oh for fsake, use your bloody hand! - a comment directed at the bloke next to me in the library who is in the middle of a sneezing fit), maybe they were looking for the wrong thing. Anyway, I sent them a copy of the front and back of the cheque along with a rather detailed account of why I think they are a bunch lying, thieving etc as previously described. I didn't mince my words. I addressed the letter to the chief executive officer. I asked for an explanation as to why they employ lying, thieving etc as previously described and why they appear not to give a flying one for anything except making money.

Yesterday I received an envelope containing a cheque for £5 and a slip bearing the words "with thanks". There was no letter and hence no explanation. What's more, the lying, cheating thieving bastards had not even affixed a stamp to the envelope.

The fat lady is still in her dressing room.

By the way, just for the benefit of the search engines, that's Equita. Of Nottingham. Get that? Equita.

5 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger Sharon J said...

You should send their envelope back to them in an unstamped envelope!

11:59 am  
Blogger Rog said...

If you look at http://www.equita.co.uk/
They have spelt "managment" on their home page.

5:34 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

Murph, previously they have spelt my name two different ways in the same letter. I refer you to their strapline "Your Natural Choice" I couldn't begin to imagine any bailiff being someone's natural choice. Sounds to me like the slogan for a laxative and as it would certainly give me the shits to see a couple of their representatives on my doorstep chasing money I didn't owe them, maybe they're right.

7:20 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I told you, just quote the administration of justice act section 40. They roll over to get their tummies tickled then!! Certainly got them off Christines case PRONTO

11:06 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I'm still at the tunnel,done 15 years now.Well it was only temporary until something better turned up!nfl

7:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home