Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Skybosh



Walking through Crewe's vibrant and exciting town centre this morning my senses were assailed. Not by the smells from the exotic food stalls (Costa Coffee, McDonalds and Greggs the Bakers) or by the jungle rhythms of our very own Peruvian Indian pan pipe dance troupe (yes, we really do have one but they appear to have gone home), it was something altogether less exciting but very much more sinister. As I rounded the corner into Market Square, there, where Britannia, our beloved (and aroused. Am I the only person in Crewe to have noticed a certain tumescence in the detail of her bodice?) war memorial used to stand, was the above abomination spouting its disgusting propaganda at a volume that can only be described as fairly loud. What I did find heartening was that nobody walking past took the slightest interest in it. Pleasing also have been the stories from the last few weeks of Murdoch losing a vast amount of money. He must be on his uppers if all he can afford is a caravan holiday in Crewe in December.

You do all realise that as of the 14 May next year all the currently installed Sky Plus boxes will cease to work. Software fault. Yes. Really. I didn't make that rumour up at all.

11 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger Dave said...

I sense a certain level of irony in your writing today.

8:11 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Perhaps they are, at this very minute, installing a statue of the Murdoch himself, or as my Dad fondly refers to him. Ned Kelly. Is he on his uppers? That will please the old man!!!

11:34 am  
Blogger tom909 said...

I have always held out against Sky, but as old age creeps on I soooo want to watch the premiership - still thanks for the tip off about Skyplus, I'll spread it round.

11:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who gives a monkeys?

I mean, really?

The sooner you turn the TV off the better. It's a dull background noise designed to stop you thinking.

11:53 am  
Blogger Richard said...

Dave, no there isn't.

Carol, if they are I will wee on it.

Tom, wait a bit until BShiteB run out of money. It'll be on Freesat with the cricket.

Steve, I don't have a telly. I wouldn't mind one but I'd only switch it off to listen to the wireless. I'm at a bit of a loss if I miss Radcliff and Maconie at 8pm

12:29 pm  
Blogger Malcolm Cinnamond said...

I'm quite smug about never having had Sky, but really it's more about not having time to watch it rather than some firm political principle.

6:48 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

Malc, it's not political principal, I just hate Murdoch with a passion. What sealed it was something he said immediately after the death of Diana. Regardless of what you thought about that particular episode, saying that everyone, regardless of their status, was fair game disgusted me and from that point onward I vowed that the miserable slug would never knowingly get another penny of my money. Tact, compassion and sympathy were obviously anathema to the man. I sincerely hope he meets a violent and painful end, preferably in the same out of control car as M.H.Thatcher.

11:24 am  
Blogger Julian Meteor said...

A man FULL of hatred.
lol

11:58 am  
Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

If they died together then we would have to celebrate both at the same time, reducing the intensity somewhat.

12:35 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

It could be arranged that one suffers longer than the other thereby prolonging the holiday period. All those Brownie points I got with handing the purse in are going to waste. Maybe I could offset them.

3:15 pm  
Blogger Rog said...

The old bastard's even been inserting subliminal messages into old westerns.

"Reach for the Sky, Partner!" was one I heard recently.

10:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home