Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Rubbish



Spotted outside Crewe Baths earlier today. If you're going to litter, dress it up a little.

I am going to be spending a few days darn sarf. I'm attending a funeral in Harlow tomorrow morning and have decided to take advantage of the location to nip across the river via my old place of employ (look out for me, Andy. Same old car) to visit the ancestral seat in Kent for a few days. It's the nearest I've come to a holiday since January 2007. If you work for the JobCentrePlus, I have told you already as I'm due to sign on Friday. I will be doing my job search via my mum's computer; I would hate for tax-payers' money to be wasted on a lazy, good-for-nothing ne'er do well. Heaven forbid.

I have been taking Sir Paul's advice and have been eating salads. I believe it is this action that has made it possible for me to slip, sylph-like, into a suit I last wore six years ago. It's a tight fit and after 4 hours in the car I'll be regretting it but I'm happy in that I've been doing my bit for the planet. Sir Paul can feel justifiably pleased at his initiative, maybe he can think of some more as his chauffer drives him between any one of his 17 houses, the national treasure. If you're on your way to Peasmarsh, Macca, pop in. Mum does a cracking cold collation. With cold potatoes and all the trimmings. I have encountered a slight problem though, I appear to be farting a lot because my body's not used to all the roughage. I suppose it's OK as long as I fart less than a cow.

7 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger Rog said...

But is says here 0 Vegetable peelings?

4:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!? I could not fit into ANYTHING from 6 years ago. You go, you badass!

4:49 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

Rog, I've eated them

Dyna, "Fit" is an approximation.

7:02 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

We are all very proud of you.

6:10 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Did, is what I meant to say

1:46 pm  
Blogger The Birdwatcher said...

I try each year to fit into my dinner jacket that I purchased 30 years ago for a fiver (A kings ransom in those days), for the BRUFC annual dinner. Its hopeless of course but Mrs BW says that watching me trying is entertaining and makes her fell better about the world.

9:11 pm  
Blogger Sharon J said...

Are you getting plenty of pulses with your salads? Mustn't forget the need for protein y'know :)

10:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home