Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Jaffa


Today is the official first day of summer, according to Wisden. As is well known, I do not have one of those electric picture wireless things but even if I did own one I would never be a subscriber to that cock Murdoch's evil empire of greed so until the ECB sees sense and I can afford it, I will have to rely on the good offices of the BBC Test Match Special team (which is only really interesting when Geoffrey Boycott or Phil Tufnell - much better than one would think - are on).
Unfortunately, my strictly held principles mean I was denied the spectacle of Katherine Jenkins opening the proceedings with a couple of lethal looking bouncers.
Boom and indeed, boom.
(Any comments about sending one down the corridor of uncertainty will be heavily censored)

4 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger Dave said...

And I trust no one will make any remarks about ball tampering.

I watched the highlights for free on channel 5, but only because I can. I did prefer the radio though - it meant I could walk about during the day and pretend I was working.

7:54 pm  
Anonymous Andy said...

her pictures sent me into a spin

8:15 pm  
Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

She looks as if she could take a full toss in the crease.
Singing at a cricket match? What a load of total wank. What do they think they are about? Bloody national anthems at the bloody 20/20 were bad enough.

11:28 am  
Blogger Richard said...

Vicus, quality. I do hope my mother isn't reading this.

10:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home